Monday - Friday
- Instruction Begins: 7:30 a.m.
- Dismissal Bell: 2:30 p.m.
Abbreviated Day / Inclement Weather
- Instruction Begins: 9:30 a.m.
- Dismissal: 2:30 p.m
Before And After School Procedures
If your student is tardy and you arrive at school after 8:00 am, a parent or adult must come into the office and sign the student in and a pass will be given to the student to head to class. Your student will also receive a tardy slip that must be filled out, signed by a parent or guardian and returned to school the next day.
Check-Out Policy / Leaving Early
In the event that you need to check out your child, you must come to the office with a valid photo I.D. and be at least 18 years of age. Student(s) may only be checked-out by those who are on the emergency cards. We will not make any exceptions. At any time during the school year, legal guardians can add or delete any names on the emergency cards by coming into the office with their valid photo ID. Students may not be called out of class after 3:30 (M, T, TH, and F) and on Wednesday, no later than 12:30.
To insure the safety of our students, phone messages regarding a change of after school pick up plans will not be accepted. We can not identify over 400 parents on the phone. We will need you to fax in the message with a copy of your driver’s license to insure the safety of the student. Please make all after school plans at home in the morning, since a change in travel plans does not constitute an emergency!
Student Pick-Up Area / Pick-Up And Drop-Off Procedures
The student pick-up area is off the parking lot on the west side (front) of the school.
Parents may pick up their child by:
- parking in the parking lot and escorting the student to the car, using designated crossing areas and obeying staff directions
- pulling up to the designated curb in front of the school, remaining in the car, and letting the child in on the curbside door
Because of the size of our school and the high volume of cars, it may take some time for cars to make the entire circuit of the parking lot. Please be patient and wait your turn to pick up your child. Cars may not park or pick up students in the fire lanes. Children will not walk between cars to get to their ride, whether or not an adult accompanies them. Parents who refuse to follow our safety standards may lose access to our campus.
Because of safety considerations, it is essential that parents observe the painted crosswalks and duty teachers’ instructions when walking to parked cars. It is equally important to use only the west parking lot area (front of school) for vehicle pick-ups. There is no supervision at the base of the hill on Richmond Hills and it is not a safe area for children.
- Students may not be dropped off, or be without a parent on school grounds (playground or anywhere else) before 7:20 AM. That’s 7:20 by our school clock. That’s when someone with an orange or green vest is out front and out back. Students who are here before then will be reminded of the rule, and if they are here several times, will receive a referral slip. Basic safety.
- Students may not be dropped off in the parking lot and told to cross the parking lot. Students will not be allowed to go to cars in the parking lot where students have to cross the parking lot. Again basic safety.
- Cars in the drop off lane may not exit students until after the yellow crosswalk in front of the school. When you are in the drop off lane, you will be required to go as far forward as possible before dropping off students, to allow as many cars as possible to drop students off at one time. Again, basic safety...and simple courtesy.
- You may not EVER park in the drop off lane during drop off or pick up times. No exceptions. Safety issue and courtesy issue.
- All parents must drop off students and pick them up in front of the school. The back of the school is for BUSES ONLY. Again, basic safety for our students.
- Do not drive onto the service road and drop your student off. It is not a designated drop off area and is a safety issue. The park is not a designated or safe drop off and pick up area either.
- Obey the person out front directing cars and students...without exception. If you don’t, there could be a real tragedy...and you will be held liable.
- Don’t sit in the parking lot and beep your horn to have your children cross the parking lot and come to you. It isn’t going to happen. We will be placing a person in the parking lot to make sure that kind of behavior stops.
- We realize that it takes some time to go through the drop off or pick up lane, or park and cross your children...but they are the only two safe ways to make sure children arrive safely. We truly appreciate the 98% of our parents who follow the rules...thank you.
- There are no shortcuts to these rules, and if you get angry or upset because you are “late” or “the line is too slow”...we do the very best we can, but we will not allow unsafe acts...and we will tell you if you are going against those safety rules. Bottom line...we are here to protect and safeguard students.