The use of technology is very important to our society. All students are provided equitable opportunities to use technology as one of many tools in their learning process. It is our belief that students learn best when they are engaged in meaningful activities where they are able to work with others in order to construct a product that shows their knowledge. Technology is always used with close supervision by adults and clear learning objectives.
- We are thrilled to be implementing 1:1 iPad and Chromebook in our teaching and learning. Beginning with the school year 2020-21, all students in APS were issued devices to assist with their learning at home and school. Primary students are provided with iPads and Intermediate students are provided with Chromebooks.
- Student use of technology is infused throughout the day as an integral part of their learning experience. Students learn to become technologically proficient in the areas of creativity, innovation, communication, research, design, critical thinking and digital citizenship.
- Interactive whiteboards (Promethean Boards) allow teachers to present materials to students in a dynamic, interactive and engaging format. Students respond to this type of instruction and hands-on learning in ways never encountered with traditional pencil and paper.
- The intermediate computer lab ("CyberSpace") is home to 28 multimedia PC computers, a scanner a projection system and an interactive whiteboard.
- The primary computer lab ("The Mouse House") has 28 multimedia PC computers, a scanner a projection system and an interactive whiteboard.
- 100% of the school is fully networked both wired and wireless. All students utilize either Google Classroom or SeeSaw for their classroom assignments.
- Our school provides a variety of site software licenses that help support learning and instruction. Software programs include ST Math, Google For Education Apps, Nearpod, Flocabulary, Brainpop, Brainpop jr., Tynker Coding, TumbleBooks, Go Noodle just to name a few.
- Teachers are involved in ongoing professional development with technology such as study groups, grade level collaboration, classes on Google For Education apps, iPad use and lesson development. We are doing our best to stay current with all the new technology that is continually evolving.
- Petroglyph has a full time educational technology specialist on staff which is vital to acquiring new technology, keeping it running smoothly and guiding technology infused instruction.